Embedded Software Engineer
Swissels Engineering & Life Science Services
Publication date:27 November 2022
Place of work:Vaud
Embedded software engineer
We are expanding our embedded software team and are seeking an individual to join us. You must be fluent in the C programming language and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, testing and debugging of code.
- Developing real time embedded software for our world leading advanced medical equipment.
- Contributing to software component development, driving their design, development, and validation though to production.
- Closely collaborating with other team disciplines to bring medical device equipment and other control systems to life.
- Participating in code and design review activities.
- Documenting software requirements, design, and implementation.
- Collaborate with development and production with Global teams
Degree in engineering or numerate discipline or equivalent industry experience.
At least 5 years professional experience in a relevant industry.
Strong background in real time embedded C.
A good understanding of basic hardware and its interface with software systems.
Software configuration management (source control, continuous integration).
Ability to plan and estimate development tasks
Experience with software verification strategies including unit testing.
People coaching and mentoring skills
Experience in high performance bare-metal microcontroller software development.
Experience of planning and working within an Agile Framework
Experience of Python programming
Knowledge of control systems
Hardware development knowledge