The CIO is responsible for leading the dev. & implementation of the overall technology strategy & ensuring that it aligns with the company's business goals. The CIO will oversee the management of the company's tech. systems and infra. including hardware, software, networks, and data centers.
Head of IT
large international leading professional organisation in the medical space. With more than 35,000 members representing professionals from over 160 countries worldwide.
Founded over 30 years ago.
- The CIO is tasked with developing and driving business innovation and transformation leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and delivery models, whilst maintaining a stable, robust and reliable IT environment underpinning core business processes.
- The CIO is accountable for developing, maintaining and delivering an IT strategy and portfolio of initiatives aligned to the organizations' business strategy and objectives. They will direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IT and digital solutions to enable and improve business operations and the customer experience.
- The CIO will build senior relationships across the organization and the market, to understand and shape business strategy, influence decision makers, and provide vision and leadership on how emerging technologies can be leveraged to transform the business model, products and services, channel strategy, risk profile and financial position.
- The CIO will lead and drive major technology enabled transformation programs and be an advocate across the organization for re-shaping and re-engineering business practices to realize strategic business objectives (around growth, cost and risk) and to improve the customer experience.
- The CIO will manage and mature the IT organization, processes and tools, with the capabilities required to deliver the organizations technology change agenda and efficiently run and manage the technology environment (applications and infrastructure). This includes the sourcing and management of third party
Strategy and innovation
- Lead IT strategy and architecture, aligning with business strategy. Influence decision makers, innovate business opportunities, and contribute to the executive team. Stay up-to-date with best practices and market trends.
- Lead strategic and operational challenges, leverage emerging tech and best practices (e.g. digital, big data, IoT), and advocate for IT-enabled with development of the business strategy, goals and plans.
Transformation and innovation
- Transform the service delivery and core processes through IT programs. Evaluate opportunities for tech-enabled business model improvement.
Portfolio management and solution delivery
- Lead IT programs and initiatives, influence project decisions, and monitor delivery and benefits realization. Communicate IT investment risks to business leadership. Improve solution delivery processes and adopt better methods (e.g. agile).
- Provide secure and stable IT services, optimize application and infrastructure management, and improve service delivery for business outcomes. Adopt industry-standard and emerging delivery models (e.g. ITIL, DevOps).
Governance and control
- Develop and maintain IT governance framework aligned with governance model. Mitigate risks with controls for, e.g. disaster recovery, business continuity, and cyber security.
- Set and track service levels aligned with business needs, develop relevant KPIs, and oversee staff and supplier performance.
- Manage resource and capital budget, coordinate IT budgeting and forecasting, develop project business cases, oversee staff and third-party contracts. Create a customer-oriented, innovative, and future-focused IT organization with established goals and procedures.
Sourcing and vendor management
- Evaluate IT capabilities regarding make-or-buy. Maintain valuable supplier relationships to meet business needs and oversee IT contracts for transformative benefits.
- Availability to travel to events 4-6 times a year.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, with a Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in technology leadership roles.
Required professional experience:
- Leadership: Has led an IT organization or department for at least 5 years
- Change Management: Has led an IT organization transformation for at least 10 people
- IT-Sourcing: Has experience in vendor selection, negotiation of contracts, vendor management and vendor monitoring
- IT-Controlling: Has experience in IT budgeting, project planning and performance management
- IT-Governance: Has experience in establishing policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the IT function operates in a compliant and secure manner
- IT-Portfolio management: Has experience in prioritizing IT projects and initiatives based on their strategic value and resource requirements
- IT-Risk management: Has experience in identifying and mitigating IT-related risks, such as cybersecurity threats, data breaches, and system downtime
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure, hardware, and software.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Experience with cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data management.
- Ability to manage large-scale IT projects and initiatives.
- Familiarity with IT service management frameworks like ITIL.
- Experience in vendor selection, negotiation, management and monitoring
Leadership, managerial and social skills:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Team management and strong sense for collaboration, empathy and understanding of business unit needs.
- Business acumen and strategic thinking abilities.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- fluent in English and Italian a Plus
hybrid working model
relocation allowance if needed
Full fledge CIO -/Head of It Position
10' % Bonus on top
30 days holiday allowance