99 jobs in Pharmaceuticals / Biotechnology / Chemistry in the Canton of Aargau
Postdoctoral Fellow 100%
Postdoctoral Fellow 100%
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
The structural integrity group investigates the influence of material ageing phenomena on the lifetime and structural integrity of (nuclear) power plant components. In order to strengthening our corrosion activities we are looking for aPostdoctoral FellowEnvironmental-assisted fatigue initiation in stainless steels in high-temperature waterYour tasks
- Fatigue initiation and short crack growth tests in air and high-temperature water with thermo-mechanical loading and smooth and notched hollow specimens
- Design of experiments and optimization specimen/notch geometries as well as analysis of experiments by FE analysis and cyclic plastic constitutive equations
- Development and calibration of DCPD for on-line crack initiation and growth monitoring
- Microstructural and fractographic investigations (LOM, SEM)
- Side task: Small size sample fracture toughness testing of RPV steels in DBT region and their analysis by 3D FE modeling and local approach models
- Supervision of master or semester thesis's and internships
- Publication of results in scientific journals and at international conferences
- Support of other service tasks/projects
Your profileYou hold a PhD degree in Materials Science or Physics and have a solid background in mechanical/physical metallurgy and materials testing and characterization. Additionally, you have experience in Finite Element modelling. Very good communication skills in English are also required. A German working knowledge would be an asset.We offerOur institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Prof Dr Philippe Spätig, phone +41 56 310 29 34, e-mail email@example.com.
Please submit your application online by 6 December 2020(including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4603-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Melina Spycher, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerlandwww.psi.chApply nowApply with xeebo