Payroll and benefits specialist-GEN01682 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and
services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying
our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding
the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary
As a member of the HR Solutions Operations Market team, this position will be accountable for the execution and
delivery of core payroll operational HR services and linked closely to processes such as benefits, payroll, time &
attendance, leave management, workers compensation.
The HR Solutions Operations Market Payroll Specialist will serve as a member of the HR Operations specialists team
responsible for delivering HR operational services to the business. Acting under general supervision, the incumbent
will utilize their general HR Services/Operations knowledge to administer complex processes related to the delivery of
HR Services/Payroll Operation services.
Work in close partnership with Cargill Shared Services (CBS) to deliver timely, accurate and compliant end-to-end HR
operations services and processes. It includes:
- Processing the entire payroll cycle ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee changes;
- Coordinate the preparation of payroll related documents, including any relevant monthly, quarterly and year-end
- Monitor the accurate processing of employees transfers, promotions and terminations;
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Ensure appropriate archiving and update of documents and portal
- Serve as a specialist within the HR operations market HR Solution team to provide relevant and effective consulting
services to businesses.
- Use general HR Services/Payroll operations knowledge to process, review and deliver complex HR Services/Operations
policies & processes.
- Execute the co-ordinated deployment of HR operations services, including administration of payroll, social
insurances and deductions any specific strategy requirements
- Leverage and enforce processes and technologies to support delivery of services
- Ensure timely, accurate and compliant in close collaboration with Cargill shared services organization (CBS);
- Develop and maintain key internal/external relationships, which may include: business leaders, hiring managers,
business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts, employees, CBS teams
- Provide consult to HR and business managers and supervisors within CH regarding the interpretation and delivery of
complex payroll Services/Operations policies, programs and processes.
- Using payroll and general HR Services/Operations knowledge, and client intelligence, provide thought leadership in
recommending solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers.
- Support employees and/or supervisors/managers in the application of the new HR services delivery model;
- Provide guidance and trainings to the shared services organization (CBS & HRO), for the resolution of requests from
- Priorities activities and escalations
- Provide feedback into services priorities to ensure adoption
- Participate in projects as assigned
- Promote the use and implementation of tools/technologies to gain efficiency in delivering HR Solutions
- Under general supervision, provide consult/advice to HR and business managers/supervisors on HR Services/Operations
- Perform/execute the design and delivery of HR Services/Operations training/education sessions for employees, HR
professionals, CBS SD/Payroll teams and/or supervisors/managers in the business
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified and standardised
- Express, model and reinforce a process-honoring culture
- Using CH and general HR Services/Operations knowledge, provide input to ensure service delivery is compliant with
laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Ensure application of standard policies
- Responsible for ensuring proper use of vendor management of HR services/operations providers.
- Provide input into the appropriate blend of internally sourced service delivery versus vendor sourced delivery
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and standardisation on processes currently managed by country
Ensure consistent adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements. This may involve working with legal resources
and/or external consultants to interpret and implement complex/ambiguous policies
- Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in operations and/or payroll in Switzerland
- Previous experience in HR operations-related market service areas such as benefits, payroll, time & attendance,
leave management, workers compensation and employee health & safety and/or other relevant HR experience
- Experience in a shared services organisation
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to
the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Demonstrated experience positively influencing and collaborating with business and HR leaders
- Demonstrated strong business acumen. Knowledge of multiple businesses, functions, and processes as well as solid
knowledge of business and functional issues, and proven track record to positively impact business results.
- General leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills - ability to thrive as part of a local market
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving HR landscape and capability of supporting organisational change efforts
- Capability to innovate and integrate HR practice around critical business issues
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology and processes where
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement HR processes and client focused solutions
- Experience in a shared services organisation
- Consultative skills
- Strong drive for results with results/outcome focus
- Proven record of implementation and optimisation of processes and metrics
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Planning & organisational skills
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which
will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with
outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill