Tandem Diabetes Care Switzerland is developing Sigi™, a next-generation insulin “patch pump” that will offer additional treatment options for people with diabetes. This pump is based on a patented microfluidics technology developed in-house over the past 6 years. You can find out more about Sigi here.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Defines robust manufacturing processes for successful industrialization of products.
- Carries out process development tasks.
- Defines process setups for automated manufacturing.
- Develops manufacturing equipment specifications for suppliers.
- Participates as a process support during the commissioning, start-up and performance testing phases (FAT/SAT/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Leads projects linked to process development and industrialization.
- Creates and delivers regular verbal and written project updates.
- Creates or organizes the required documentation (design manufacturing records) as needed.
- Manages third-party suppliers.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
YOU’RE AWESOME AT:
1. Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment of constant change.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to proactively follow-up on areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Structured technical mindset with great attention to detail, and prompt to document activities.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other applicable software packages.
- CAD experience.
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 environment with its IQ/OQ/PQ requirements would be an asset.
- Familiar with statistical analysis software.
- Experience in plastic injection, assembly processes as laser welding, US welding, heat welding and gluing.
- Solid experience in structured process engineering (requirements-driven engineering, DOE, PFMEA, formal verification, release processes, etc.).
- Experience in automated manufacturing up to tens of millions of quantities.
- Project management skills and ability to work with external suppliers.
- Positive attitude, willingness to continuously improve and help others.
- Drive and commitment to go the extra mile and find a better way; a team player with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong at taking initiative, fast learner, enthusiastic, curious.
- Fluency in French, excellent knowledge of English, German highly appreciated.
2. Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Material Engineering or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
3. Minimum experience:
- +5 years’ work experience in manufacturing/process engineering.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. We offer:
- A high-tech and innovative environment in MedTech
- Excellent working conditions, autonomy, being part of a motivated and highly qualified team
- Interesting and stimulating work in an innovative field with high potential
- Pleasant environment within the EPFL Innovation Park, with possibility to benefit from the campus infrastructure