Deputy Director – Senior Legal Counsel
The Deputy Director of Legal’s primary purpose is to assist the Director of Legal with Legal Department Special Projects as well as in the absence of the Director of Legal to supervise and handle day-to-day activities of Commercial and Corporate Legal Desks.
Deputy Director - Senior Legal Counsel
This is a newly created position.
To assist Director of Legal in:
- Providing legal support to business and leading complex litigations, disputes of the LITASCO Group companies (in particular in CIS countries)
- Optimising department structure and resources through continuous improvement of competences and processes, in particular automation of some workflows
- Driving cost efficiencies through workload management between in-house and outside counsels, optimising of legal department budget
- Promoting and facilitating vision and goals of legal department within the team and the LITASCO Group Companies
In the absence of Legal Director:
- Supervise and handle day-to-day activities of Commercial and Corporate Legal Desks
- Serve on various internal meetings and committees
- Make appropriate decisions and follow up on their results.
If you have/are:
- Law degree from a Common Law jurisdiction, or a law degree supported by a Master’s Degree in International Trade Law or Maritime Law, or significant legal experience as a lawyer in trading and shipping law
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a Trading & Shipping environment with a primary focus on commercial law
- Corporate law knowledge will be considered an asset
- Priority will be granted to candidates coming from the oil & gas industry
- Proven track record of successful leadership and managing teams
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Excellent English and Russian communication skills (fluent/native) are a must. Any other language is an asset.
- Only candidates with a valid Swiss nationality (or work permit) and/or EU passport holders will be considered for this role.
Then we will be pleased to receive your full application on: email@example.com with the reference DDL-EK1401 in the subject of the email.
Please note that paper-based applications will not be considered.