Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic environment, share our success! We care about people - Join the market leader
People every day all around the world will benefit from more personalized healthcare. The promise of better, faster, more cost efficient solutions is now within our grasp. And that’s the world in which Tecan plays a vital role – helping advance healthcare – through advanced life science research and diagnostic solutions. We constantly seek new ways to steer innovation. Every lab. Every day. Empowered.
Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support. We care about our culture.
Our values – trust, highest standards and ambition – are the cornerstones of our business, and give us the framework for the Tecan culture. We foster a positive and empowering environment, which allows us to bring our passion and energy to work. This helps us to deliver on our customer promise – ‘Always there for you’.
And we need you to join our Life Science Business team at Männedorf, Zürich as
Application Specialist 80-100%
What you will do
In this important role you will create value for Tecan’s current and future customers and shareholders by delivering application solutions and being closest to the needs of our customers. You will demonstrate expertise in your assigned area and elevate the quality of our solutions with your contribution.
Responsibilities will include
- Technically support the identification of business opportunities in relevant markets for Tecan
- Provide technical support to drive current business in relationship to applications
- Execute application development and laboratory activities within given budget constraints
- Create and present posters and presentations on work, execute individually or with external partners
- Maintain awareness of market trends in area of expertise
- Support commercial plans through execution of application notes in defined periods
- Contribute feedback on products used in application development and execute testing of products in application specific solutions as necessary and support product development with expertise on customer needs
What you bring along
What you will get
- A science degree (BAC, MAS, PHD) or similar technical or scientific education
- 2-3 year experience in the field of sales, sales support or marketing
- 2-3 year experience with applications in the life science market
- Experience with life science applications, NGS, NAP, PCR, etc,
- Experience in collaboration with internal and external customers (Collection and elicitation of Design Input)
- Internships in renowned companies as well as international experience is a significant plus
- Excellent English skills are a must. German or any other language would be an asset
- Eager to learn, explore new ideas & opportunities on a day to day basis
- Strong communication skills
- Customer-oriented mind-set
- Integrative and analytical way of thinking
- Ability to work purposively and accurately
- Readiness to travel up to 20%
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- Extremely attractive location overlooking the lake of Zurich
- International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Global mindset with “Swissness” at heart
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
For this position we accept only direct applications
and no applications from recruiters
Tecan Trading AG, Seestrasse 103, 8708 Männedorf, www.tecan.com
Location: Männedorf, Switzerland I would like to apply