Director, Account Management EMEA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As the Director, Account Management, EMEA you will proactively manage customer relationships and ensure the successful execution of ongoing projects. To strengthen customer relationships, increase account penetration, and uncover new avenues of business. Wou will also deliver year on year customer satisfaction targets, and account financial targets.
- To develop robust and well thought out strategic account plans, and to obtain sales management and business unit approval of the plans. Account planning should be based on but not limited to current market/industry trends, and a sound understanding of the accounts pipeline and commercialization strategies.
- Manage ongoing account business and contractual obligations..proactively assist Program Management with organization of, Joint Steering Committees and is an active JSC member; Organize and host Lonza & Customer Executive Steering Committees.
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiations, processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin.
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments, elevating critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve customer problems
- Demonstrated effectiveness in closing complex customer deals with multiple projects across all available Lonza technologies. Demonstrated competence in collaboration, team work and communication with customer, as well as, internal Lonza Commercial Leadership.
- Proven track record in delivering year on year business targets for complex high value deals
- Strong understanding of drug development and commercialization processes.
- Strong technical understanding of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated track record to secure new customers, exhibiting a strong close rate
- Proven ability to generate PowerPoint presentations
- High level of understanding of the drug development process from pre-clinical to clinical development and commercialization
- Effective at working with scientists and other customer stakeholders, up to and including CSuite leaders, to discuss the value proposition of Lonza’s offerings, whether it be a small or large value deal
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.Reference: R46040
Apply Switzerland, Basel