At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
Our vision :
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
Our mission :
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Key accountabilities and duties:
- Plans the lab work and ensures that all experiments for the development, optimization and characterization of purification manufacturing processes fulfill Lonza safety and hygiene rules.
- Collects, summarizes, analyses data to prepare reports and makes presentations, as appropriate, and shares best practice throughout the organization.
- Develops, implements procedures and processes and provides inputs to decisions within own discipline.
- Supports production involving campaign preparation and trouble shooting and actively participates and contributes in a collaborative manner as a part of a cross-functional team.
- Practices the cGMP rules and attends the required trainings.
- Supports and trains new team member or apprentices/internships.
Qulifications and skills required:
- PhD or M.S. with at least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Preferred area of study: Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry
- Good knowledge of protein chemistry, chromatography purification, filtration, statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and German
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong organizational skills, team player.
- Positive, flexible, reliable and proactive
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.