Date de publication:05 août 2022
Type de contrat:Durée indéterminée
Lieu de travail:Route de la Galaise 36, 1208 Plan-Les-Ouates
KBI Biopharma is a trusted CDMO partner, working hand-in-hand with hundreds of clients worldwide. Partnering with KBI brings our years of integrated material solutions to your project.
Our mission is to accelerate the development of innovative discoveries into life-changing biological products and expand global access of medicines to patients in need.
The EHSS Specialist assists the site's Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainable Development Head for the implementation of the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHSS) program.
Main part the mission is to manage the environmental and sustainability part of site program and coordinates the implementation and maintenance of it with all the site's departments, more specifically:
- Manage measurement and monitoring systems for all types of discharge (water, waste, air) and the consumption of natural resources (water, energy, etc.). Propose the corresponding performance indicators and reports them into the site's EHSS dashboard
- Co-design and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which relates to hazardous waste and waste water management in accordance with the operating permit, regulations, site objectives and biologic contract development and manufacturing organization
- Define and manage specific equipment and materials in collaboration with the engineering department experts. Manage specific consumables necessary for the proper execution of the program
- Manage contracts with service providers in these areas
- Monitor technology and regulations in environmental field and makes proposals for improvement
Secondary part of the mission includes participation in implementing and maintaining global EHS&S program. By delegation of the of the EHSS head responsibilities this may include participation in:
- Incident response, reporting and investigations, risk management
- LOTO, confined space entry, industrial hygiene, hazard communication, PPE, workers compensation, emergency management, etc.
- Operations coordination with to identify and mitigate risks with effective engineering controls, procedures, and training
- Bachelor of Science degree in an occupational health and safety related field
- 1 to 5 years of industry experience as an EHSS professional or Environmental specialist
- Relevant training and/or certification in regulated safety and environmental activities is an advantage such as
- Environmental Advisor with Swiss Federal patent
- Safety Advisorwith Swiss Federal patent for instance « Chargé de sécurité MSST ou CFST/STPS »
- Swiss Federal and Cantonal EHSS related regulations knowledge
- Hazardous materials shipping Advisor as per OCS5
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Fire Fighting
- Biosafety officer
- Experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment (biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device industries) is preferred
- Knowledge of the operations typical to the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Fluent in French and in English
- EHS&S and industrial hygiene instruments skills is a plus
- such as a noise dosimeter, gas monitor, light meter, etc.
Particular working conditions : Incumbent may work with toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, and dangerous tools and equipment.
- Sophie Darthenay
Agences de placement s'abstenir s.v.p.