Senior Financial Analyst
The plant senior financial analyst position in Neuchâtel supports the Ethicon manufacturing plant and financial management team. The position is responsible for...
Senior Financial Analyst
The plant senior financial analyst position in Neuchâtel supports the Ethicon manufacturing plant and financial management team. The position is responsible for month-end close and works closely with production to understand business impact on
the financial results as w ell as educate/inform department(s) on cost drivers and variances. This position provides the candidate with opportunities to identify, lead, and drive process improvements, while working in a team environment and
interact with multiple functions across the organization.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* You are the finance partner to other business functions in the manufacturing plant. While managing inventory, production and capital expenditures, you provide business rationale, make recommendations for decisions with short- and long-term
focus and influence outcome using fact-based data.
* You support the plant controller's efforts for driving finance process improvements by identifying efficiency opportunities and participating in their implementation.
* You are responsible for the assigned elements of the business plan and work with management to complete action items. You apply business know ledge to challenge business partners on assumptions.
* You support the local plant process for standard costing and proactively investigate variances.
* You actively participate in Biosurgery strategic and value stream project initiatives.
* You maintain the highest compliance standards while processing day-to-day tasks and assigned monthly/quarterly journal entries, accounting controls and reconciliations.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in finance (required).
* Proficient spoken and written English (required). Fluent French an advantage
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (required).
* Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
* Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work independently
* Action oriented and able to work to tight deadlines
* A team player with a positive, can do attitude and agility to flex multiple work streams fluidly
Non-Technical profile requirements: - Some flexibility in working hours is required - Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision; - Quick learner, motivated self-starter; - Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills; - Able to follow change management for internal guidelines.
Language proficiencies: -English and French spoken and written