Senior Clinical Trial Physician - Cell Therapy
Bristol Myers Squibb
Publication date:27 January 2023
Place of work:Lawrence Township
Senior Clinical Trial Physician - Cell Therapy
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren't words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You'll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The Clinical Trial Physician sits within Clinical Development, which is a global organization dedicated to the effective design and execution of drug development. Clinical Development drives clinical development strategy, design, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials.
- Serves as a primary source of medical accountability and oversight for multiple clinical trials
- Matrix management responsibilities across the internal and external network
- Manages Phase 1 - Phase 3 studies, with demonstrated decision making capabilities
- Provides medical and scientific expertise to cross-functional BMS colleagues
- Contributes to and is a key member of a high performing Study Delivery Team (SDT) and may be a member of the Clinical Development Team (CDT)
- Conducts medical data review of trial data, including eligibility review
- Holds responsibility for site interactions in partnership with the Clinical Scientist (CS) for medical questions and education (including safety management guidelines)
- Holds responsibility for assessment of key safety-related serious adverse events in partnership with Worldwide Patient Safety and oversees safety narratives
- Collaborates with CS and inputs into protocols, providing medical strategic oversight in protocol development (input on inclusion/exclusion and other safety-related clinical considerations)
- Fulfills GCP and compliance obligations for clinical conduct and maintains all required training
Clinical Development Expertise & Strategy
- In collaboration with the Clinical Development Lead, designs and develops clinical plans and protocols with a strong strategic focus based on knowledge of asset/drug, disease area and relevant science in order to meet regulatory and disease strategy targets
- Provides oversight and medical accountability for a group of studies
- Leads the analysis of benefit/risk for clinical development protocols in a matrix team environment working with Clinical Scientists
- Partners with CS to support executional delivery of studies (e.g., site activation, enrollment status, as well as adjudication for protocol violations, significant, non-significant deviations etc.)
- Identifies and builds relationships with principal investigators. Identifies and cultivates thought leaders in order to gain their inputs on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge, and design of clinical development studies and programs
- Maintains a strong medical/scientific reputation within the disease area. Has in-depth knowledge of etiology, natural history, diagnosis, and treatment of the disorder. Keeps up-to-date in the disease area by attending scientific conferences and ongoing review of the literature
- Keeps abreast of development and regulatory issues related to other competitive or relevant compounds in development and how our portfolio fits into the competitive landscape
- Provides ongoing medical education in partnership with CS to allow for protocol-specific training, supporting the study team, investigators, and others
Health Authority Interactions & Publications
- Contributes to key Health Authority interactions and advisory board meetings as Clinical Trial Physician
- Authors/drafts clinical content for CSRs, regulatory reports, briefing books and submission documents to support closure, clinical narratives, reporting and filling of the study in partnership with Clinical Scientists
Qualifications & Experience
- MD required (or x-US equivalent)
- 5 or more years of Industry experience and/or clinical trials experience is required
Key Competency Requirements
- Ability to communicate information clearly and lead presentations in scientific and clinical settings
- Subspecialty training in applicable therapeutic area desired
- Expertise in the scientific method to test hypotheses, including statistical design, analysis, and interpretation
- Expertise in drug development process
- Expertise in the components needed to execute an effective clinical plan and protocols
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn't perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as "Transforming patients' lives through science? ", every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to Write an email. Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Bristol Myers Squibb