one Male and one Female Graduate assistant Houseparent
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles
Publication date:23 janvier 2023
Place of work:Route de Belfort 10, 2900 Porrentruy
Collège and Lycée Saint-Charles is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located in the Canton of Jura.
Our mission is to provide students with a high-quality education while developing the attributes of kindness, respect, and responsibility towards others and the environment.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles follows the humanist and Christian values of caring for others and the environment, respecting cultures and individuals, and approaching the world with openness and positivity. Thus, the school aims to develop the same values in students and to support students in becoming responsible, global citizens who work to make the world a better place.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles is an authorized IB World school for the Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18) as for the Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16).
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles was founded in 1897. Since 2017, the school has completely renovated its buildings included three brand new state-of-the-art science laboratories with dedicated prep rooms.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles seeks to appoint
The main function of this position is to be an adult presence in the House and to be responsible for the safeguarding, welfare and security of students by assisting the Houseparents (HPs) and their team in the supervision of the welfare of the students. Candidates are expected to participate fully in student welfare and the co-curricular programme of a busy boarding school.
- General residential support
- Teaching and supervisory support, for example in drama, music, sport, field trips or another area of specialist interest and competence.
- Working as part of the wider House team
- Residential and administrative work in the House
- Weekend duties, typically 1 weekend in every 3 when averaged out across the academic year
- Overnight supervision in the House as required
- Various boarding and school supervision duties as required
- Study supervision
- Assistance with the co-curricular programme
- Attendance at weekly training and support meetings as required
Any other duties which may reasonably be required from time to time by the School.
- A desire to contribute to and foster a positive school community
- An appreciation of working in a small school environment
- Experience working in a European /Swiss international school environment
- EU or UK citizenship
Salaries and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Enhanced pension plan
- Housing by the school
- Subsidized lunches at school
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply to
Write an email until February 28, 2023
Please submit the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, one of them must be your current Head of School. Referees will be contacted with your consent.
Interviews will be held online and/or face-to-face, as appropriate. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students on our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subjects to satisfactory and criminal record/background checks.
- Carmen Kocher
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles
No recruitment agencies please