Junior Accounts Receivable Specialist
SonarSource SAGeneva 15
Publication date:27 June 2022
Place of work:PO Box 765, 1215 Geneva 15
Junior Accounts Receivable Specialist
We are a Finance team of nine based in Geneva, Switzerland and Austin, Texas and looking to add more talent to the team. The Finance team is still in the early stages of establishing and implementing processes and systems to meet accounting compliance requirements. We enjoy huge business growth, with a large increase in the number of invoices. For that reason, we are looking for our next colleague to help us with General accounting subjects.
If you are an accountant that is looking to have a significant impact, then keep reading!
The impact you can have
Your passion for accounting and your experience working with GAAP requirements will help our team more quickly and effectively implement the proper controls, processes, and systems required of a sophisticated accounting team. We are still in the early stage of developing our accounting infrastructure, so you will have plenty of opportunities to make an impact on how we build our team.
SonarSource is a team-based organization. At SonarSource, we rely on co-responsibility. We are very ambitious and want to reach a high level of quality and delivery.
To reach this high level of quality, we require someone who enjoys collaborating with others, has an appreciation for documentation and gets excited about leaving an impact by developing a new way of doing things. Since we are still evolving, you have the opportunity to help build the gold standard of accounting.
As a Junior Accounts Receivable Specialist you will:
- Collaborate with the Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Investigate customer accounts by examining payment plans and payment history to determine if collection emails need to be sent out
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments delayed payments and other irregularities
- Prepare customer statements when required
- Check customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Control input in different bank accounts
- Assist with closing
The skills you will demonstrate
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Strong Excel skills, Salesforce and GITwineur are a plus
- Written and spoken fluency in both French and English
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Independence coupled with a collaborative team spiritWillingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details in order to understand the business
Words from the team
SonarSource has a strong, supportive culture that chooses to make incremental improvements in baby steps. We believe in mindfully making changes for the better and do not rush largely impactful decisions. This means you will receive continuous support from your team when you are asked to accomplish an objective and will have plenty of opportunities to provide feedback when someone else on the team is leading an initiative. If you are seeking challenges and opportunities to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.