Microsoft 365 Cloud Engineer (f/m/d) 80-100%
Publication date:29 November 2022
Workload:80 – 100%
Place of work:Lausanne
Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
For more than 3 years Alpiq has now leveraged the M365 Suite for its entire collaboration platform across all entities of Alpiq Holding. This includes mainly Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Teams. We are currently in the process to finish the migration to Exchange Online from our current Infrastructure provider and continuing to expand by adding new capabilities such as voice integration into Teams.
As Microsoft 365 Exchange Online Administrator expert you will be one of the three M365 Global administrator and be the main service manager responsible for the entire e-mail infrastructure.
- Designed and finalized on-premises to cloud migration of Exchange including all the related components part of the mail routing and mail encryption.
- Ensure the new e-mail service meet the required SLAs.
- Must be able to provide complete administration of the Microsoft 365 environment and its capabilities.
- Testing, implementation, and deployment of Exchange Online.
- Query Exchange environment using the Office 365 Command online tool.
- Implement and support security policies, such as data retention.
- Support the messaging environment in the Cloud (Microsoft 365).
- Manage problem resolution to a satisfactory completion by keeping abreast of assigned tickets and following the proper escalation processes via ticketing system.
- Review, test, and make recommendations for standard email practices.
- Experience with supporting anti-spam filtering, logging and email tracking and transport rules.
- As mail expert you will be responsible to train operation people to insure 1st and 2nd level support. You will be responsible for incident at 3rd level.
- Provide advice on business projects involving the mail infrastructure
- Monitor, tune and improve the mail service according to audit, IT Security demands.
- Implement sanity/routine checks to keep the maintenance as automatic as possible
- Interacting with suppliers on operational tasks
- Meet with key users to propose technical architecture, solutions and improvements as well to prepare their business case and added value for management approval.
- As one of the global administrators, you will be responsible to monitor the overall health of the M365 services, including analysis of all changes that Microsoft performs and their impact on Alpiq business.
- You will be part of on duty call team (24/7)
- 8+ years of experience in Exchange / Exchange online Hybrid environment (Expert level)
- 5+ years of experience in M365/0365
- Expert in writing PowerShell or Azure Automation scripts (Advanced level of Exchange Online Management)
- Owning a valid Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- You have already done and succeeded in doing two projects of migration to Exchange online.
- You master everything related to e-mail encryption. SeppMail Knowledge is required.
- You master e-mail archive and DLPs. You know Enterprise Vault
- You are service and platform oriented.
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to propose a solution architecture
- Strong project management experience
- Pragmatic, flexible (this position requires to work outside business hours), curious, and motivated to learn new topics.
- Languages: English is a must, German and/or French an asset